It is important to choose the right container rental service to ensure your needs is met and your money is not wasted. Here are some tips to help you choose the right container for your needs and the company that will supply it:
* Take your location into account: it is more practical to find a company near you for fast and inexpensive delivery. Some companies deliver products for free and others charge less when you approach. It’s best to compare the prices of various local companies to get the best deal.
* Check company reputation – All shipping container rental service providers advertise their company as the best, but it takes more than just publicity to prove this is true. A company that has been in this business for a long time already knows the ins and outs of the industry and will not sacrifice the reputation it has built over time.
* Compare Prices – It would be nice to take a closer look and compare prices to get an idea of how much a shipping container should normally cost. While the cheapest is not always the best option, knowing the prices of different companies will give you a greater advantage when you ask the company for a better deal.
* ISO standard: If you are going to use a container to transport your goods, it must comply with the ISO standard dimensions to avoid problems with carriers. Otherwise, shippers may not want to move your container.
* Choose the size that suits your needs. SCF shipping containers come in a variety of sizes, from 10 feet (3.048 m) to 48 feet (14.63 m) in length, with 20 feet (6.096 m) being the most common size available. Make sure you have enough space to place the shipping container. You need to allocate at least 1.5 meters of extra space on all sides to fit.
* Consider the type of shipping container – used containers are of different classes depending on their condition: grades A, B and C. A grade means the container is in excellent condition, almost like new. Grace C means that the shipping container is in satisfactory condition.
Depending on how you intend to use the shipping container, you should also consider repairing or modifying the container. If you intend to use the container as storage, you may need to remodel the door and purchase new locks for security purposes. If you are going to use it as an office, you should consider the additional costs of installing electricity, heating and air conditioning, repairs and modifications, such as additional windows or doors, repainting and adding a company logo to the container.
Different rental containers offer a different price range for their shipping containers depending on their condition. There are times when the difference between a new container and a used one is not that great, so the latter is the best option.