A handyman refers to an individual who specialises in carrying out maintenance in homes and offices and receives payment in return. His work can be skilled (i.e. require some special training) or unskilled (i.e. no special training required).
There are various types of handyman in Woodville and they include;
- Cleaning: This job involves getting rid of dirt from homes, offices and the environment for payment. Example, there is a handyman that comes to my estate every week to help us dispose our trash and we pay him in return.
- Carpentry: The duty of a carpenter is vast; it has to do with all woodworks where woods are cut and joined together to form a structure. It is one of the most common handyman jobs today, itis rare not to find wooden structures in any home or offices today. Some of these wooden structures include cabinets, shelves, tables, chairs, doors etc.
- Installation of doors: This is a skilled handyman in Woodville job. As the name implies, it involves the installation or setting up, servicing and repairing of doors for residential houses and commercial buildings, which might be interior or exterior doors. Since every building must have a door, there is a corresponding increase in demand for door installers.
- Electrical repairs: This job requires some knowledge of electricity. It involves restoring electrical appliances, installations and wiring to good working condition. Almost all buildings and modern appliances such as doors, gates and even curtains are connected to electrical source and driven electrically respectively, making this job a lucrative one.
- Home security system: This refers to a network of electronic components which are installed in homes to provide security. Everyone desires safety of their lives and properties, hence the rise in demand for these security systems. Examples are security cameras, motion sensor, siren, panic button, glass break sensor, smoke and carbon (iv) oxide detectors.
- Solar panel installation: The conversion of solar energy into electrical energy is a fast growing source of electricity which involves harnessing the energy of the sun through solar panels, giving rise to the need for more solar panel installers.